How do I find ASL learning partner? Suggestions & Feedback

• View author's info Posted on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a hearing person. I've been learning ASL for a year or so. My teaching partner has moved away. I would love to find a new friend to continue teaching me ASL. The best way for me to keep my ASL communication strong is to practice with another person using ASL. I live in Connecticut. Can you help? Can we help eachother learn? Help???

Members Only

• 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 26, 2013 at 05:27 PM

I don't know which side of Connecticut you are, but if you are near I-95 and Rhode Island, I would be happy to meet up with you and practice signing.  I am trying to improve my skills, as I have had no one to sign with in too many years.  I am totally fluent in English(sorry, my parents made me go to Hearing school), so we can also use English if the hands get tired, or get stuck on how to sign something - less fingerspelling and note writing that way.
    If you're interested, let me know on this thread (no PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP), and we can figure out a place to meet.  Coffee's on me.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 21, 2010 at 01:05 AM

you can learn sing language book or you can go to college or eduaction learn sing language i help you can go to meet people communcate enter party for deaf you will developed communcate with people deaf
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 05, 2008 at 05:46 AM

Hi there, I am deaf and uses ASL occassionally. I never went to deaf school to learn ASL but there are ASL books and websites that you can go into. Maybe, I can assist you in some way. What signs are you looking for.
    I am 43 and in Georgia. Not Premium Member anymore.

Thanks,

Ann