Shawn Dale Barnett??? Message board

• View author's info Posted on Jan 21, 2006 at 01:02 PM

Hello, there all.

I am actually NOT deaf, but I wanted to post here because I was playing guitar and touring with the late, Shawn Dale Barnett...
    (Anyone remember him? Just was wondering...)
    I was the last guitar player he ever performed with and let me tell you...I will never, ever forget it!

I would like to somehow have people get in touch with me who knew him, but unfortunately we are not allowed to post websites here or emails or anything.
    So, anyway...
    Just look me up on the internet...
    Just enter..."Cazzy"

Peace?

{ o}====>

Cazzy
    The Alien Blues Dude

Members Only

• 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 23, 2011 at 02:57 PM

Yes thats him in the picture. He did send a picture of himself. Really enjoyed chatting with him very much.. So he is no longer suffer since then.Thanks for sharing this with us. I did mentioned abt him as best deaf drummer but forgot his name so now I know.. Tks again. :o)

by the way do you think you can get in touch with Melissa Etheridge's parents to see if they know anythinga abt it?

• View author's info Posted on Sep 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Yes, indeed...
    Shawn's parents alwayz had Melissa Etheridge in the house running around when she was younger. In fact, Shawn told me they called her "Missy".

I've tried repeatedly to get in touch with Melissa thru various websites....but her people don't seem to pass things on to her too much. I tried.

Shawn passed away in 2003 from cancer.
    The day before he died, he asked his parents to bring him to the garage so he could play his "beloved" drums one last time.

Miss him very much.

Peace

Cazzy
    The Alien Bluez Dude

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I did thought abt him but forgot his name who was the best deaf drummer due to his parents who are also musician and associate with Melissa Etheridge. Im not sure if that is him. We used to chat via Deaf Universe years ago. He was a such nice guy. I think its more than 5 yrs ago he passed away, not sure.

• View author's info Posted on Feb 11, 2006 at 08:35 PM

Thank you for replying...yes it was awhile ago that Shawn passed away from cancer. He was a powerhouse of a drummer!

Thank you again..

Sincerely,

{ o}====>

Cazzy
    The Alien Blues Dude

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 22, 2006 at 08:01 AM

I was told few years ago Shawn has passed away. Can't remember when -- maybe two years ago.