General messages & comments about the site Message board

• View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2002 at 07:05 AM

hello
    my name Mary Rykaczewski i am from Alaska i risdnet Wasilla Alaska now i want be your new friends same Pen pals
    Thank you
    Mary Rykaczewski
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2002 at 05:39 AM

Hello,
    I am looking for people who are deaf and hard of hearing in my area Riverside county and also Orange county in Southern California for friendship.
    I am hard of hearing and can read lips very weel but i don't know any asl though.
    Paul
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2002 at 03:25 AM

Hello everyone, we are Looking for a child or twins etc whom are in need of a forever home, Very open to ongoing contact as well as giving this child or children the very best we can in the way of love commitment and we have an wonderful shcool system for children with hearing and speech challenges. I myself am hearing impaired not severaly but I would love to offer with my hubby a home thru a legal gaurdianship, We have 3 adopted children, ages 22, 16 and 12, Open to ages newborn to age 4, and to other special needs, If you know of a child or children needing a home Please write me anytime, I would also love to chat with other parents as well as parents of children whom do have special needs, Our son is hearing but has many special needs he is now 16 he has ADHD, speech problems as a young child and is very learning disabled.
    Take care
    Terrie
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2002 at 01:32 AM

Dear gq,
    You requested your username and password at deaffriendfinder.com, but email cannot be addressed to gqcool7@aol.com, because this account is unknown.
    Please check it to see if you gave a correct email address.
    Please feel free to contact us, if you have any more questions!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2002 at 01:32 AM

Dear gq,
    You requested your username and password at deaffriendfinder.com, but email cannot be addressed to gqcool7@aol.com, because this account is unknown.
    Please check it to see if you gave a correct email address.
    Please feel free to contact us, if you have any more questions!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 13, 2002 at 06:07 PM

Hello, we are looking for parents/families that have a child that is deaf and has ADHD,ODD, CD, and FAS/FAE...
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 13, 2002 at 11:09 AM

Hi, StoogeFan here. I'm hearing, and an Educational Interpreter/Interpreter for the Deaf in a rural area of PA. I'm looking to talk w/both hearing and Deaf people re their interests, life experiences, etc. As I'm in a rural area at the moment, socializing w/Deaf people outside of my work has been tough. One way I think you can improve your services is to give it a bit of time to grow. As word spreads of the message board, things should develop on their own. Hello to everyone !! I'm looking fwd to getting to know you all. Drop me an e-mail anytime !!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2002 at 05:45 PM

Hi, I'm Deaf but our son is hearing. We are looking for some Deaf friends who might have some children, Deaf or hearing. Our son is almost 2 years old and he signs. I would like him to have some playmates who can also sign. We can form a baby group or something, or do things without the kids! :) We are near Pittsburgh. Please e-mail me. Thanks! Hope to hear from you.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2002 at 05:31 PM

I am testing to see how quickly this can be posted on the message board. It is now 1:30 pm on june 11. Here we go.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 10, 2002 at 07:45 PM

Hi I'm Melissa. I'm 22 and I live in Austin Texas. I'm hearing, but I love the Deaf Culture and Community. I would like to meet some deaf people that are in the Austin Area.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 10, 2002 at 07:21 PM

Hey I wanna have friends who are deaf. I know some SL, but its all cool!Anways its cool! I love talkin 2 ppl of all problems.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 10, 2002 at 01:56 AM

I mean I AM DEAF..Yes, i know sign langauage, I been in Hearing School for all my life, but this year I will Soph. grade so I decide to go deaf school, to see how it feel like in deaf school, without interpeter. Yes, I like read book, but Not During Summer, I like read book name Harry Potter. I let u know that, it is my first time Use this for Chatting with deaf on computer, it is sort cool :)..Bye-bye :)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 09, 2002 at 08:21 AM

Dear Ellen
    I am Ismael Vargas, I lost part of my hearing while in collage. I want to correspond with you.
    Regards
    Ismael
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 08, 2002 at 07:28 PM

I am hearing, but I have alot of respect for the deaf culture. I go to a university that has a very big deaf education program. I have taken 2 semesters of ASL, which helped me in my job in the medical field. I was out of practice for awhile, then then I meet a couple of deaf, hoh people in my apartment complex.. it helps me try to practiceI guess I am a little different compared to some hearing people. I don't look at deaf people as different, I just consider hearing people--deaf to sign... I do read some, usually Poe..the Bible or information on things that I want to know about. I have alot of interest, most of all getting to spend time with my daughter.. I am divorced with a Daddy's Girl... I am disabled from kidney failure. I do peritoneal dialysis to maintain a normal life... Anyway.. looking to see who is out there... Enjoy life... pdguy2000
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 07, 2002 at 08:53 PM

Iam deaf from Starkville, Mississippi and my first time experience to. I love to chatting and email each other. I can sign very well but i know lip read little bit.
    let me know,
    Jeffrey
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 07, 2002 at 05:14 PM

Ellen
    It looked alike that you placed this message in wrong place (message board that means everyone can read your message?. Go to the person who sent you the message you can reply this to that person. Good Luck.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2002 at 05:16 PM

This is Ellen, I got the message from you. I am deaf from born. I do not know that you are hearing. I am curious to ask you to know how to sign language? I can read lip a bit little. You know that if I use my hearing aid and I can hear someone to call my name or other ring from oven or trucks to come up. I have silly question to ask you haha that Why did you interesting in deaf?
    I am student at Bulter County Community College next fall for general study, not yet I make my decision a major. I like to work with half people and half hands.
    You know that I can speak a few words of yellow, hello, restroom, or no at all.
    I love to read sometime. And also play a tennis and walking 2 miles since for almostly two months for lost my weight. I like to know what do you like reading? or not? Do not worry haha
    My frist time experince for this. Thanks for email to me. From Ellen
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2002 at 08:23 AM

Hi!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2002 at 08:19 AM

Hi, everyone!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2002 at 08:12 AM

test test test