General messages & comments about the site Message board

• View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2002 at 12:05 PM

Hello everyone from China. This is the Orangeboy. I'm hearing but have a degree in Deaf Studies from Wolverhampton University in the UK. I'm working in China and making more Deaf friends here who are teaching me Chinese sign language. I hope to chat to some of you soon. Laters... OB
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2002 at 05:59 AM

Aloha!

I am hearing and am looking for friends to chat with. I want to learn all I can about Deaf culture. I find it very fascinating, and what I have already learned, I have adopted into my life. I am an aspiring ASL interpreter. Please send me a message or locate me on AOL or Yahoo! with the username, Jemmie211.

Malama pono,
    Jenn
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2002 at 05:00 AM

Hello my name is Denise and I am from Long Beach, I am a hearing but looking to meet new deaf friends.

God Bless
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 09:13 PM

I need looking find date deaf guys for me..
    hope send to me ...
    thankyou .
    Tammy Vassar
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 09:10 PM

Looking find date deaf guys for me............
    hope send to me...... thank you much
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 09:04 PM

i need looking find dtae deaf guys for me . thank you hope send to me ok...... send to me .....
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 05:58 PM

I'm hard of hearing in Frederick, MD. Would like to meet deafies and maybe more then friend. I know some ASL. I would like to chat or e-mail

Talk ya later soon... SMILE
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 04:31 PM

Hi I am a single mom of two out on BFE Co. I am trying to teach and learn myself to sign as I don't know of anyone that lives around here that knows how to sign. I would like to find someone that wouldn't mind chatting with me from time to time about live, day to day challenges, work, what have you with and with out sign. Please feel free to contact me . Thanks litlebud
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2002 at 03:43 AM

Hello there you all! I am a newbie, yep, I found this site by surfing on the web. Just love to meet new people online. I am Deaf and attend CSUSB (California State University of San Bernardino). I knew a few Deafies in San Bernardino. If you read this and is from the area, go right ahead and contact me! :-) don't be shy.. "knock and the door should be open" (Elvis Preseley)Hope to see from y'all. Peace Love!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 03, 2002 at 04:54 PM

Hi, I'm from Denver Colorado and I am hard of hearing with 4 year old twin boys (hearing). I am looking for friends just about anywhere. I travel some as part of my work, mostly to Maryland and I love the interpreters there. I am a great pen pal, and love to chat on yahoo too. Please leave a message to let me know who you are so that I may feel more comfortable adding you to my list. Thank you.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2002 at 04:58 PM

hallo,
    my name is Wim and I come from europe (belgium). I,m looking for friend in the usa. You know that i use my two hearing aid and i work in a hospital in the the netherlands as a lunglaborant.
    I hope for a lot of respons.
    greeting from europe wim
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2002 at 04:57 PM

hallo,
    my name is Wim and I come from europe (belgium). I,m looking for friend in the usa. You know that i use my two hearing aid and i work in a hospital in the the netherlands as a lunglaborant.
    I hope for a lot of respons.
    greeting from europe wim
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2002 at 01:02 AM

Hi.. I really would like to find a friend who is in my area.. that way i can understand what i am being told easier.. and all my buts and whys can be answerd with out fustration. But.. i dont mind e-mail if you are willing to tolerate all my questions!! (smile).
    My daughter is 4 and she has developed Unilateral hearing loss.. from meningitis or to much anitbiotics at birth.. i would prefer someone close so when we go to an appointment i could have them with me..to help me undertand to what degree is her hearing loss and other questions i may not know wut to ask. TY pls mail me ASP.
    Diane
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2002 at 05:01 PM

I am here to make some friends. I'll tell you about me later after you write to me I will send back to you. I am deaf and just student in high school and have part time job ehh... I have no clue to say. =P Well hope you will talk and write to me. Buh Bye
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2002 at 07:28 PM

Hello,I am Annette, 37 years old. I m from florida. I would like to met some deaf ppl. My Screen name is lighbrow for aim
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2002 at 02:05 PM

Hi all... i live in Belfast, Northern Ireland and desperately want to meet new members who live local to me.. i also want to help voluntarily with any deaf groups/organisations - i have studied BSL Stage 1 and i am hearing. Anyone know of any groups that would want a keen volunteer to help so i can put my signing skills to use !!!!! contact me please : )
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2002 at 12:08 AM

Hello, How is everyone? I want to comment to Deaffriendfinder site that this is really cool. What will help the most is to type in keyword to find someone with certain syndrome that is part of the deafness, and a search where I could type in the specific town perhaps? This is my frist time to be in this site and joining it. I have corresponded to few people and hope to hear more!!! even international!! wow... awesome *smile* bye everyone
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2002 at 11:18 AM

Please have look into www.backyardchickens.com and see how their message forum works. Wonderful system!
    I am born Deaf woman married to hearing artist.
    This is a great way of getting in touch with Deaf around the world!
    Treenz:)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2002 at 08:22 AM

I am a New Zealander (A Kiwi). I have 30+ chooks as a hobby. I'd love to talk to anyone by message forum or email.
    Treenz :)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2002 at 03:24 AM

Hi everyone,
    this place looks so kewl, any one from or around Rochester, Or Western New York State?
    im hoh, and learning asl slowy :*(
    but im getting there :) peace yall